I tend to challenge the process. I see things and start asking questions about why things are the way that they are. That has led me to a series that I like to call “I Can’t Support That.”
I love to eat out. LOVE it! But there are some restaurant names that I just can’t support. For example…
- Think about what the girl’s alternative to this restaurant would be. Would it be Peckers with a Woodpecker as a mascot? Would the guys wear biker shorts to show off their family jewels? Sounds gross? Well I don’t know how it’s fair for guys to have a restaurant that is visually appealing to them, but the ladies don’t have an alternative. I am not trying to be legalistic with this one. I don’t judge my friends who go there. I just have a hard enough time bouncing my eyes and keeping my mind pure that I don’t want the temptation while I’m eating. I want to eat a place that is known for their food not for their waitress’s Hooters. For that reason I just can’t support this.
- Here’s my problem with this…what makes them number 1? There have been multiple Number 1 Chinese Restaurants in the 757 and their food is good, but I don’t get how they can all claim to be number 1. What if a church tried that? No. 1 Baptist Church. Or what if your child tried this? No. 1 Kid in the world. I would rather have the quality of my product make me number 1 than to boldly claim it. I like their boldness but I still can’t support this.
- There is a HUGE part of me that wants to support SUBplus. I mean they were really thrifty. Do you see who they resemble? They kept the color scheme and half of the sign from the store’s original owner. This place is located in the 757 and for years they were a Subway (Eat Fresh). Then overnight it became SUBplus. It made me laugh for the first dozen times I saw it. It’s basically the same thing that generic products do. Valiant effort SUBplus, but I still can’t support that.
- This place is a riot. The waitresses dress as nurses, if you weigh over 350 lbs you eat for free, and a guy literally had a heart attack there a few weeks ago. I respect a place for knowing who they are. If you are not healthy don’t try to trick us with your salads that aren’t really that healthy. Be honest. No one on Weight Watchers is going to eat at Heart Attack Grill. I respect em for being true to themselves but I still can’t support em.
I think there may be a language barrier here. Signs that make me think of cuss words = I just can’t support that.
- I mean if the place is called My Dung, what does that imply the food is made of? I CAN’T SUPPORT THAT!
- It’s the year 2012! How in the wide world of humanity does this restaurant name exist? I just can’t support this.
I hope that you know that this post is supposed to be funny. I am sure that all of these places have excellent food. This isn’t a judgement post. I’m simply having a little fun with some restaurant names that I can’t support.
What is your favorite restaurant?